Keeping our customers and employees safe while providing uninterrupted drinking water is of the utmost importance to us. Below are measures we are taking to help SWD staff and our community remain safe.
In the field:
- Operations and Maintenance Technicians will be maintaining appropriate social distance while reading meters and while interacting with customers, and will be wearing masks when distancing is not possible.
- Trouble-shooting conversations with customers will initially take place over the phone to reduce the frequency of in-person interactions.
In the office:
- Our office is currently closed to the public. Staff are available by phone at 360.447.3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org to serve our customers. Payment may be made via our website at www.swd16.org, or our dropbox located to the left of our office door.
- We will reopen the office based on state and local safety recommendations, and will modify our environment and procedures to facilitate safe customer service. The office opening date will be announced on our website and our Facebook page.
- We are not shutting off water service or assessing late fees at this time. We will continue to read meters and provide billing statements; please pay your bill as you normally would. If you are having financial difficulty, please contact our office to discuss possible payment arrangements.
We appreciate your continued patience, understanding, and cooperation as the current situation evolves. Please watch for updates on our website or Facebook page.